Adventures In Running

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving – Day 5

Today I am grateful for one of my online friends who goes by the name of Max.

I first met Max in a forum back in 2003 and we immediately recognized a kindred spirit. We have never met in person, only talked on the phone a handful of times, but are kindred spirits. Sometimes I joke that we are Siamese Twins separated at birth.

Looking at our backgrounds, we don't have much in common. What I think draws us together is our attitude towards life. We both go with the concept (most of the time) of 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.' When our family situations are driving us nuts, we try to find things to laugh about. When we are depressed, we start insulting each other so that we will get out of our funk.

Max loves anything to do with Harry Potter (I really regret ordering her a wand) and believes that Edward Cullen from Twilight is her second husband. She has five kids that would drive anyone crazy – but she is the sanest person I know (that might not be saying much).

Together, the two of us – Max and Tarzan – are going steadily forward with our plans for World Domination…

Here's to you – Max – my numero uno online friend!

No comments: