Adventures In Running

Saturday, November 15, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 15

I love sunlight. It is probably one of my favorite of all of God's creations.

In the morning, sunlight gives the promise of a new day. I would be a failure living in the Seattle area, because I need and adore sunlight.

Particularly when running in the early morning, you often start before sunrise in the summer to avoid the heat of the day. I can't describe the emotions it brings when the sun starts coming up over the moutains and the sky starts getting lighter in the east. When that first beam of sunlight finally gets high enough to touch your skin, it is somehow magical.

In the winter I really struggle with going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. I have even purchase a sunlight lamp for my desk at work to help me cope with SADS (Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome). I usually cannot wait until spring comes around and the days start getting longer.

I think that might be also why I like happy faces. They remind me so much of a bright, sunny day.



Maurine

No comments: