Adventures In Running

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 17

I love my bed. Actually - I love almost any bed - as long as it is comfortable.

To me, a bed is a bit of heaven on earth. As I child I could go hide in my bedroom and read and escape my mother's moods. As an adult, I could go hide in my bed and escape my own moods. I love crawling in a warm bed to rest after running, sleep at night, read, and sometimes just to lay there and think.

I miss the days when my children were little and would crawl into bed and snuggle with me. Memories of holding them in bed and talking with them and watching them sleep. Those are some of my fondest memories of being a mother.

My bed is my favorite place to curl up and read a book. And trust me - I spend lots of times reading.

Beds are easy to get along with too. All they ask is an occasional sheet changing and they are happy. You can change their mood by adding or taking away blankets, quilts, sheets, bedspreads and pillow. I think I'm going to go crawl back into bed and avoid going to work now.... (not).

Maurine

No comments: