Adventures In Running

Saturday, November 29, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 29

Today I am thankful for a full and happy life.

This morning I went to Lehi and ran on the Jordan River Parkway with some other runners from the Fast Running Blog. It was a great day and I was happy to be able to still run in shorts. I taped my left foot and used my new insoles and my foot seemed pretty happy about that.

I averaged about 12 minutes per mile for 10 miles - including the uphills. My goal was to be able to run the 10 miles without any walking breaks. The only break I took was a drink break at 5.25 miles. It felt really good to see that my training and hard work is paying off. My next goal is to be able to run 13.1 miles non-stop.



This picture was taken by the Standard Examiner. My sister and I entered the Santa Fun Run before the Ogden Christmas Light Parade. It was Marcia's first race ever, and I walked it with her and we had a great time. She supplied the red sweat pants and our santa lights. The hats, beards and shirts were part of the race entry. We had about 200 "santa's" participate. At one point we got bags of candy from Brooke and Chad (Marcia's kids who were also taking our pictures and cheering us on) and got rid of all the candy in one block - but were very popular for a few minutes there.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

I think giving out the candy was the funnest part, but the walk was good too.

Cherie said...

HOOOLA! Marcia, you are looking fantastic! I loved the Santa pictures. That would be such a fun race.

Maurine Lee said...

Marcia - my friend Leslie said we were also on the Fox 13 news on Sunday.