Adventures In Running

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Should I Be Committed?

Sometimes it is good to commit yourself to a new challenge. Sometimes people think that anyone crazy to sign up for a 50 mile race should be committed.

Either way - I decided it was time to be committed.

My plans for some of my spring runs have been changing. The Red Mountain 50K race in April down in St. George was cancelled last week for 'economic reasons.' I looked at the new Sapper Joe 50K in May (the week after the Ogden Marathon) and decided that the elevation changes would be a little hard on my body so quickly after a marathon.

In order to accomplish something new this spring I decided to 'upgrade'. I have run the Buffalo Run 25K in 2006, the Buffalo Run 50K in 2007 and 2008 and was scheduled to run the 50K again in 2009. After talking with the Race Director, Jim Skaggs, I took the plunge and upgraded to the 50 miler. This will be my first 50 miler, but I feel pretty good about it. I have run all the open trails on Antelope Island and know what will be ahead of me.

So, 10 weeks from tomorrow I will start on the longest new adventure of my life.

Photobucket

No comments: