Adventures In Running

Friday, May 15, 2009

St. George Marathon Lottery

The results of the St. George Marathon Lottery were posted on Monday night. I received the following email notification:

We regret to inform you that your name was not selected in the 2009 St. George Marathon lottery. We randomly selected 7200 runners of the 10,510 registrants from 49 states and 10 countries. We wish that we had the ability to accept all registrants.


 

Just what I wanted to hear on top of having to withdraw from the Ogden Marathon. If I do want to run the St. George Marathon this year, my only chance is to finish the Grand Slam series. Since I cannot run Ogden, I will now have to try the Top of Utah Marathon on September 19. It is only 2 weeks before St. George, but if I just run both races instead of racing them, that will still put me on track for running the OV 50 miler at the end of October.

On the bright side – I get a guaranteed entry in 2010 because my name has not been drawn in either the 2008 or 2009 lotteries.

No comments: