Adventures In Running

Friday, January 15, 2010

Book Review: I Hate PHP

(A Beginners's Guide to PHP and MySQL PLR Version by Manuel Ortiz Braschi)

Maybe I could cheat and consider this an entire book for a month….

This was a pretty short book, but entertaining and a quick overview. Considering it only took me about an hour to read the entire book on my Kindle, it made for even easier psychological reading.

Basically, the entire book was divided into 3 sections: Easy Stuff, Not so Easy Stuff, and Harder Stuff. If you weren't familiar with programming at all, it would leave you in the dust. Since I can remember a lot of my programming knowledge, it was a nice way to learn basic terminology and formatting for PHP. The best thing I can say about it is that it will make my next book on PHP a little easier to understand since the syntax is already partly stored in my brain.

No comments: