Adventures In Running

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Training continues

I am recovering well from the IT Band injury. My treatments have included 800 mg of Ibuprofen 3x daily, ice, rest (one week off from running), and a great massage from my friend, Leslie Peterson.

I have tons of surplus energy, but when I do run, I find I get tired much easier than just a few weeks ago. That is a bit frustrating, but I am sure with patience it will heal. I am trying to wear an IT Band compression strap when exercising to keep the IT Band from flaring up. I have also done a lot of cross training - including weight lifting, bicycling (still recovering from a 22 mile ride last night), yoga, water running, and swimming. I am only running 3-4 days this week and going to maintain the cross training throughout the summer.

In hindsight - it is probably good that the Red Mountain 50K race that was scheduled for 10 days from now was cancelled for economic reasons. I would want to run the entire race and probably do some serious damage.

This has also been a great time to catch up on reading some running books and magazines and plan my grandiose schemes that I will never follow through with.

Photobucket

No comments: