Adventures In Running

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Twilight Update - Nearly 5 months old

Several people have asked me for an update on the puppy. Twilight is almost 5 months old now.



She has me very well trained. Twilight now knows how to respond to "sit" and "down" and is really good at playing "fetch". We have some good routines. After I run in the morning, she likes to play fetch. Each time she returns a toy I have her go into a sit or down and in return she gets a piece of her breakfast.

We usually take a short walk in the morning and a longer walk at night. When she wants to take a walk, she will bring me her collar or leash and then goes and sits by the basement door. She has gone on walks up to 2 miles long.


When Twilight wants to snuggle, she runs upstairs and jumps on the bed and barks as her signal to me to come and pay attention to her. As I said - she has me trained.

Up until two weeks ago, Twilight spent most of the time when I was gone in a 4 foot by 4 foot cage in the kitchen.



Now that she is mainly housetrained and better behaved, I have bought a gate to allow her access to the full kitchen and also provide more room for all of us to maneuver in the kitchen.




My lower balcony is her 'poop deck'. This week I am putting in a puppy door on the sliding door on my balcony so that she can go in and out when I am home.
Photobucket

2 comments:

michele84084 said...

She is so very cute! I love the ears...

Kliss said...

She is getting really big... Everyone should have a poop deck!!!
Matt F.