Adventures In Running

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Running in Crocs

I have been reading on the Fast Running Blog as various participants have experimented with running in Crocs. It sounded interesting to me, so I was able to get a pair for free (thanks to a wonderful runner)! I was told that you can run longer distances in them right away, compared to having to build up distances in Vibram FiveFingers.

Yesterday was my first day for the experiment. I brought the Crocs along on a business trip to Livonia, Michigan (the hotel people are pretty good about recognizing us by this point in time) and went for a run. My goal was to run eight miles and I figured I could always just walk back if my feet started hurting. No problems whatsoever! My feet felt light and I only had to stop a few times to get small rocks and stones out of the footbed.

Crocs advantages:

  • Inexpensive
  • Stylish (snicker)
  • Lightweight training shoe
  • Not a lot of support, so the foot still needs to be strong

I'll post an update after I've run in them several times. It will be interesting. Even though I am sure I will get comments about my footwear, they will be much lesser in number than those I get when I wear my Vibrams.

No comments: