Adventures In Running

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Lottery Gods

This is the day I have been waiting for since early this year. The day the St. George Lottery results are posted. I knew that I was supposed to get in because of the Third Times A Charm Rule (if you aren't drawn two previous years, you get a guaranteed entry the third year), but until I see my name in print, it doesn't seem real.

The marathon website crashed within a few minutes, but I was able to get on long enough to see my name on the results list! Yay!

My next step (after a few minutes celebrating) was to go out and sign up for the Pony Express Trail 50 Mile race two weeks after the marathon.

Vacation days are posted on the calendar….. Time to create a training plan to get my mileage up for both races.

And – if the running gods hang with me – I plan to break 5 hours in the marathon this year.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! 5 hours would be amazing!