Adventures In Running

Friday, April 2, 2010

Bittersweet

I received an email from the Utah Valley Marathon race directors today stating that the half marathon in June was already sold out. I registered for this several months ago, but have been wondering lately if I would be ready for it considering I haven't been able to run since February.

Since the RD was being nice enough to allow us to sell our slots, I signed up on Facebook this morning and immediately had my offer grabbed up. A couple of hours later and a bank transaction later and I am no longer entered in the half marathon.

While this takes the pressure off my trying to get up the ability to run that far in the next 2 months, it also feels a bit like admitting defeat. I really hate this being mature and wise bit!

No comments: