Adventures In Running

Sunday, October 18, 2009

10/9-10/12 NSWA Swedish Weaving Convention

My friend and former neighbor, Jeanne Tams, was holding the first ever National Swedish Weaving Association Convention in Layton, Utah on October 9th-12th. A year ago she asked if I would be willing to lead a class, so I took a couple of vacation days to help her out with the convention. I started doing Swedish Weaving back in 1998 or 1999 when Jeanne created her first book (check out her awesome designs at www.averyhill.com).

Two months earlier I was assigned a simple table runner to finish for a giveaway and also a shawl to complete for the class I was leading. It was fun to get back into stitching and do some handiwork. I was able to get both projects done right before I headed off for my business trip to Michigan.

Friday afternoon I picked up two stitcher's – Linda and Maggie – at the airport and took them up to the convention center in Layton. What followed after that was 3.5 days of fun, work and stitching. I tried to be as helpful as I could with anything that Jeanne needed assistance with and also with any stitcher's that needed help. I have bags full of awesome projects to work on in the next year.

Jeanne did an awesome job organizing the convention. Very professional and she went out of her way to make it a terrific time for everyone.

No comments: