Adventures In Running

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Potential exists in 2011

I'm not sure if these count as New Year's Resolutions, but I do have several fitness goals in 2011. I plan to do a follow-up quarterly to see if I stick to my plans.

Overall Health:

  • I'm ashamed to admit it – but I allowed myself to get overweight again. I started off today at 160 pounds. I plan to make it down to 135 pounds before the end of the year. I think that will be an ideal weight for racing and also set me up for the weight I should be maintaining as I work on middle age.
  • Weight training – get back in the habit of weight training and do a minimum of one upper body workout per week, one lower body workout per week, and core workouts at least twice a week.
  • Break my addiction to sugar.
  • Eat Clean. For the first half of the year I will allow myself two cheat days per week, then get down to one cheat day per week the second half of the year.
  • Cook a minimum of one new recipe per meal time per week. (One breakfast, one lunch, one dinner).

Running:

  • The nice thing about turning 50 last November is that I am in a new age group category. So – I intend to set a new 50-55 PR in every race distance I run this year.
  • Run 2011 miles in 2011. In order to do this – I have to train sensibly and stay healthy.
  • Take a year off of marathoning after running the DisneyWorld Marathon on January 9, 2011.
  • Complete The Goofy Challenge – DisneyWorld Half Marathon on January 8, 2011 and DisneyWorld Marathon on January 9, 2011
  • Run a half marathon with my daughter
  • Build up my base speed on training runs (not including warm-ups and cooldowns) to 10 minute miles or better. Currently I average about 11.5 minute miles, so have a lot of pushing ahead of me.
  • Break 2 hours 5 minutes in a half marathon (9.5 minute mile average – current PR is 2 hours 28 minutes)
  • Break one hour in a 10K (9.67 minute mile average – current PR is 1:05:21), THEN
  • Break 55 minutes in a 10K (8.87 minute mile average)
  • Break 26.35 minutes in a 5K (current PR is 27:54), THEN
  • Break 25 minutes in a 5K

No comments: