Adventures In Running

Monday, June 22, 2009

Maybe I can use those Compression shorts after all…

I was reading another blog I follow http://runtrails.blogspot.com/2009/06/compression-tights-and-clothing-worth.html and the author mentioned using his Compression gear for recovery purposes.

After my fiasco with the DNF at the Buffalo Run 50 Mile race because some expensive compression shorts appear to have caused IT Band issues in my left leg, I stuffed the expensive shorts in the back of a drawer vowing to never run in them again (or until I was a size 2 – which will never happen). However, I now think I will try wearing the compression shorts as well as my compression socks for recovery purposes on days when I have run longer than 13 miles and see if they will help with my recovery.

No comments: